There are so many fad diets out there and ways to lose weight FAST. “Big Losers” often don’t keep the weight off and gain the weight back. Rapid loss of weight often correlates highly with a chance of relapse, weight gain and long term failure.
What we WANT to do, is lose the weight slowly and effectively and MAINTAIN that weight loss. This is meant to be a LIFESTYLE change, not a quick fix. We are ALL a work in progress, and we all want to be the best person we can be.
So, how can we do this? A few different ways. One way is to look at the people that have MAINTAINED their weight loss and see what works for them and what hasn’t worked for them.
The Top 5 Strategies To Successfully Maintain Weight Loss:
1. Increase your daily activity level…in other words EXERCISE!!!! Whether it’s sports, physical work or recreational activity. Exercise helps with weight loss, but more importantly, it is necessary for weight MAINTENANCE!
2. Decrease sedentary activities by cutting back on TV watching, computer games and online surfing. Take up recreations such as sports, boating, biking, walking, hiking, gardening, physical hobbies! Get outside and get moving!
3. Include weight training as part of your exercise program. MUSCLE BURNS FAT!!!! This is important for the fat loss phase as well as the maintenance phase.
4. Plan and Track! Know your portion sizes, know the calorie and nutrient contents in food. You can start with a calorie counting website like livestrong.com until you can get the hang of it! Most importantly, plan out your menu and your food. Make it a habit and part of life so you don’t give in to temptations!! Track your weight & track your body fat.
5. Remember your WHY. Work on yourself and avoid excuses. Maintain positive beliefs and attitudes. Have positive affirmations…for example, say, “I can always make time for what is most important to me” instead of, “I don’t have time to exercise.
Are you ready to start your health and fitness journey? Want support and accountability to lose and MAINTAIN your weight loss? I can be your FREE coach!! I’m here to help and support you. I have the tools and the diet help as well as the SUPPORT so that you are successful!!!